Friday, April 3, 2015

Minesweeper

This week I made the end of level rings smaller. A complaint we had during our last presentation was that they seemed too large and didn't match other assets in the game. Just changing the size made it look much better in game.

I removed the bobbing animations from ghost models that replace character models on death. Ghosts should be bobbing to the music... they're dead!

I added outlines to the block and hexagon backgrounds I came up with previously. They look much better now. You can tell they are made up of shapes instead of looking like camouflage.

One issue we had was that after moving the player to a checkpoint on death, the game started up again too quickly. I added an asset for a drum-clap sound and now after four claps the player resumes gameplay (counting them in the way you do with music).

The coolest thing we added this week was a mine.


No, not that kind of mine! A mine-looking thing like this:


Alan came up with this model and I scaled it and colored it to fit into the game. I colored it red because the general rule for our game is that 'red means dead.' I also thought it would be cool to have it spin around and move towards the player (like the spinning spikes). This is an object the player has to slide under.

And now I'm sliding into another week. Thanks for reading. :D

No comments :

Post a Comment